In 2022, the Scottish Government launched a consultation on the new National Planning Framework 4.
Play Scotland partnered with A Place in Childhood to ensure that the voices of children and young people were heard in this consultation.
What we did
- Worked with the Scottish Government to produce a child-friendly version of the consultation.
- Produced a podcast on engaging with children and young people on their local spaces. Listen to the podcast here.
- Created consultation packs for groups that explained clearly how to run a successful engagement.
- Emailed over 2,000 schools asking them to get involved.
- Worked with Generations Working Together and YWCA to access their networks.
- Worked with Scrap Antics to respond to the consultation with a public art installation.
- Promoted the consultation on social media, garnering over 30,000 impressions.
- Sent out certificates to all the groups that submitted a response.
What was the impact
We collect responses from 507 children and young people from 8 different groups.