Play Scotland are delighted to be part of the Play More campaign from Sudocrem. You can take part in the this campaign by nominating your nursery for the chance to win support to improve your outdoor play area.
The Play More campaign, is an initiative designed to encourage parents and children to get back in touch with nature. As part of the campaign, Sudocrem carried out a survey, and this revealed that:
- 89% of children were unable to recognise a butterfly
- 51% didn’t know what a bumblebee looks like
- 29% didn’t realise that bees make honey
Children are not only unable to identify some of the most distinctive insects, but they are also missing out on the adventure which comes with playing outside.
- 59% of those surveyed admitted that they had never climbed a tree
- 89% didn’t know what a buttercup was
- 77% couldn’t identify a sunflower
How to enter:
All you have to do is let the Play More Campaign know why your nursery deserves support to improve its outdoor play area or to win a fabulous hand painted mural.
An entry can be submitted by a teacher, play practitioner, parent, grandparent, member of the community … anyone over the age 18. Full details can be found here
Closing date 31 August 2018.