Do you believe that involving children and young people in decision making is vital to planning for a better future? So do we!
Join Play Scotland and A Place in Childhood for the next in our ‘Introduction to…’ training series for a course on how to meaningfully engage CYP in play, place and planning.
Wednesday 14 September 9.30am to 12.30pm £45pp
Children, Play & Place: Meaningful engagement with children & young people will help answer the questions of when and how to get started meaningfully involving children and young people in planning decisions.
By attending this training you will gain:
- Up to date knowledge and evidence on why engaging with children and young people is important
- Information about different approaches to engage with children and young people
- Practical advice on how to begin engaging with children and young people
- Tips on how to garner authentic responses
- Guidance on how to collate responses and utilise them effectively
- A chance to discuss challenges and solutions with peers
- A CPD certificate
The format of this workshop:
- Short presentations with breaks to help with focus
- Breakout activities including designing a mock engagement
- Discussions and helpful tips for overcoming barriers
- Question and Answer session
This training is designed for:
- Practitioners who work directly with children and young people
- Policymakers and planners who would like to involve children and young people in their work
- People with an interest in play and planning
For more information, email our learning and development officer Jenny Lester firstname.lastname@example.org
Book your place on Eventbrite https://bit.ly/3wCeThq